Lindy what? Nijmegen is a swing dance club based in the beautiful city of Nijmegen in the Netherlands. We are passionate about the social dance culture of the swing era of jazz, in particular the years spanning the 1930s and early 1940s; we specialize in dancing and teaching the Lindy Hop.
Next social dance:
- Tea dance at Brebl on Sunday 20th May, 15.00-19.00, with your Nijmegen DJs; free taster class 15.00-16.00 for absolute beginners;
- No Swing SOS on Saturday 5th May (Bevrijdingsdag); Next event on Saturday 2nd June at Kolpinghuis Nijmegen.
Next Lindy Hop courses:
- The next block of classes will run from May 18 to July 6 (Lindy Hop Friday classes with your Nijmegen teachers) and May 8 to June 26 (Solo Jazz Tuesday classes with Natalia Rueda).
- Attention! No classes on 4th May (Commemoration Day) and on 11th May (Hemelvaart). Check out the timetable and the dates of classes here.
- Registration for this next block of classes (Lindy Hop and Solo Jazz) is now closed. Keep an eye out for information about our summer activities and about the next block classes.
- Help us grow our community; fill in the questionnaire here
Join our facebook group for upcoming events, announcements or just to see how we’re doing 🙂
Lindy what? The Lindy Hop is an energetic and dynamic jazz dance which evolved in 1920s and 30s Harlem, New York. It is a fusion of various jazz dances which came before it, most notably tap, breakaway and Charleston. Once you get the Lindy bug, there’s no going back!
Lindy Hop is danced in couples (a pair consisting of a lead and a follow), although the couple need not consist of a man and a woman: both men and women may take the role of either lead or follow. It is a social dance, meaning that we do not have a fixed `dance partner’ like one often finds in other dances. Sounds like fun? Anybody can do it!